- 8-10 oz. spring mix lettuce blend
- 1 sliced into small rounds carrot
- 8-10 oz. feta-I use the fat-free.
- 1/2 cup sliced in half cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 of a large pepper or 2 to 3 mini bells cut into small pieces yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 can drained garbanzo beans
- 4-8 oz. kalamata olives pits removed
- pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano-Penzeys in the best.
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion-Penzeys is the best.
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic-Penzeys is the best.
- to taste salt and pepper
Nothing beats a big Greek Salad filled with fresh crunchy vegetables, briny kalamata olives, and salty feta topped with my super easy Mediterranean Vinaigrette. This throw together salad and dressing can be a meal on its own or a great start to a Greek feast. It’s also vegetarian and low-fat.
- Clean, dry, and chop all of your vegetables.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Drain the olives and pepperoncini peppers and place on the salad. I like extra olives!
- Toss everything with your spring mix lettuce.
- Mix the vinegar, honey, olive oil, oregano, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and salt and pepper into a small container with a lid. Measure the oil before you measure the honey so that the honey won’t stick to the measuring cup.
- Shake vigorously until everything is combined. Taste to see if additional salt and pepper is required.
- Pour into a pretty container and serve on the side of your salad. If you do this and have leftovers, it won’t get soggy. Plus, everyone can decide how wet they like their own salad.
Check out these spices.