|Chocolate Pudding- I used Jello Simply Instant Pudding because it's all natural and easy!||3 packages|
|chocolate graham crackers-I used Horizon because they are all natural and organic.||2 boxes|
|heavy whipping cream||2 cups|
|melted butter||1 stick|
|powdered sugar||3/4 cup|
|milk-I use skim.||6 cups|
Dad’s Chocolate Cream Pie is a family favorite. My mom would make this all the time when we were little because my dad loves it. In fact, she made it with homemade pudding too. Since then we have simplified it a bit. We are loving the new natural Jello Simply Instant Puddings. Dad is the one who started freezing a few years ago and it hit even new levels of tasty. The frozen pudding tastes like fudgesicles!!! You’re going to love it too.
- Put your pudding mix and milk into a bowl and stir to combine. Or, my preferred method, a container with a lid and shake to combine. You do not have to use Jello Simply Pudding, but it’s tasty and all natural.
- Melt your butter.
- Grind your graham crackers into crumbs using your Ninja or blender. I love my Ninja!!! You do not have to use Horizon Chocolate Graham Crackers, but these are yummy,all natural, and organic.
- Combine the melted butter and graham crackers together in your 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Then press them down to form a crust. Reserve a few tablespoons of graham crackers for later use.
Spread your pudding evenly onto the graham crackers.
- Make your whip cream by combining the heavy whipping cream with vanilla and powdered sugar. Use a mixer and beat it on high until soft peaks form. If you over whip it you will have butter.
- Spread your whip cream on top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle everything with a few leftover graham cracker crumbs.
- At this point you can totally eat this, but I strongly suggest popping it into the freezer for a few hours. It’s a super yummy summer treat! Plus you can make it way in advance of any event and it travel well.
Please like, share, and comment below!
The Teacher's Table