|chicken-We like boneless skinless breasts.||1 lb|
|diced tomatoes||1-28 oz can|
|smashed garlic cloves||8|
|sliced onion||1 medium|
|cardamon pods-I like Penzeys.||15|
|curry powder-I like Penzeys.||3 tsp|
|ground ginger-I like Penzeys.||2 tsp|
|cumin-I use Penzeys.||1 1/2 tsp|
|corriander-I like Penzeys.||1 1/2 tsp|
|cayenne pepper-I like Penzeys.||1-2 tsp|
|cinnamon-I like Penzeys.||1/2 tsp|
|coconut milk||1 cup|
|fat-free Greek yogurt-We like Fage.||1 cup|
|fresh or frozen peas||1 1/2 cups|
|cooked basmati rice served on the side|
This Crock-pot Indian Butter Chicken is super easy to throw together and the flavors will rival that of any Indian Restaurant.
The Teacher's Table
- Put your chicken, diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, butter and all of your spices into the crock-pot. If you don’t like spicy food go easy on the cayenne pepper. If you do like spicy add up to 2 tsp of cayenne pepper. We love spicy food and 2 tsp was plenty hot for us. I put my cardamon pods into my tea ball, but you could also put them in a small piece of cheese cloth or just use 1 teas of ground cardamon. Stir to combine. I LOVE Penzeys spices!!!! They are so fresh and full of flavor you won’t go back to grocery store spices again!
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and the cardamon if you are using whole pods from the crock pot. Allow the chicken to cool a bit so you can shred it. While the chicken is cooling add the coconut milk and yogurt to the crock-pot and stir to combine.
- Shred the chicken and discard the cardamon pods. Put the chicken back into the crock-pot to get hot again.
- Add your peas. I just use frozen organic peas. Stir to combine.
- Allow everything to cook for 3-4 more minutes and serve with hot basmati rice.
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!