Five on Friday Week 6
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the 6th post of Five on Friday where I post a list of the top five things that made me happy during the week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I share it with you here every Friday.
- We get a 3-day weekend. Happy Labor Day! I am excited to have a little extra time to sleep and get caught up with things around the house. The first few weeks of school are exhausting! I know we had a 3-day weekend last weekend unexpectedly because of the rain, but I could use a little more time off. I hope this weekend is a sunny one too. Now if only I can get my lesson plans done before school starts tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
- I ordered this new automatic laser light toy a few days ago. I got it in the mail yesterday and the kitties love it, especially my Turbo who is huge fan of chasing lasers. The toy runs on batteries. It’s really nice to get to play with my babies and not have to hold down a button. Plus this toy has an auto timer that shuts off after 15 minutes so I can set it before I leave for work too.
3. I am just so happy to be alive. I have a great boyfriend, wonderful friends and family, and I’m healthy. I have a nice place to live. I have my sweet, snugly fur babies. I have a pantry and refrigerator full of food. Even though life can be stressful and busy, it could be so very much worse. I am so grateful to just be who I am and doing what I am doing. I am very lucky!
4. I just discovered that I could sign up for HBO through Amazon Prime. They offer a 14 day free trial. This makes me really happy and excited! Mr. Teacher and I waited to binge watch all of Game of Thrones Season 7. We don’t have cable, we just stream it. Since Sunday was the final episode of the season and we ended up having a day out of school on Monday because of major flooding in our area, we watched the whole season in 2 days. I don’t know how we are supposed to wait for season 8 to begin in 2019! It’s a good thing Season 2 of Stranger Things and Season 3 of Outlander will be out very soon. If you would like to check it out too simply follow the link below.
5. Fresh picked avocados-A fellow teacher has a large avocado tree in her yard. She was very generous this week and shared her avocados with us. I used them to make this delicious and stunning salad for dinner. You can check out the recipe here-Peppery Greens with Mango, Black Beans, Avocado with a Honey Chili Vinaigrette.
I would love to hear your top five too.
Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below.
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter!
Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life, especially this week! Please consider donating to a charity that helps the victims of the Hurricane Harvey- both animal and human.
I know Bobby Bones is Pimpin Joy.
All proceeds go to the victims.
The Teacher's Table