The Teacher's Table
I love to eat good quality, fresh food, and to go grocery shopping, but I also like to save money. So, I have become addicted to some sites and apps that help me earn money back on everything I purchase. I have made shopping for everyday things almost like a game where I try to get things as inexpensively as possible and I would like to share with you how I do it every week.
Every Sunday I get a big cup of coffee, my phone and my laptop. I go and sit on the lanai (porch if you’re not from Florida). I relax, listen to the birds, and begin my money saving journey. I re-exam the Publix site though my app to see what is on sale and BOGO for the week. I say re-examine because I love to see what is on sale when the sales change every Thursday. It’s the little things, right? I specifically look for things that might have coupons to save even more money. If you don’t have Publix then see if your local store has an app that will show you the weekly sales. I also clip my digital coupons through the Publix app. That way when I go to check out at the store I simply just enter my phone number and the coupons come off the total.
On Sundays, I also coupon hunt at Coupons.com. You can get a free log-in and sign up for updates every week for the latest coupons. You simply scroll through the site, digitally clip the coupons you want, and simply print them. I print any coupon that I might possibly need in the next few weeks. I keep them in my purse ready to go. I do not know how much money I have saved by couponing, but the cashiers ask me all the time what I do to save money.
After I am done checking out the sales and printing coupons. I look at the following apps and plan out what else I will be purchasing.
My new favorite app is Fetch Rewards. Use code XA3AX when signing up! This app is super easy to use and features many of the products I purchase on a regular basis and it works with any grocery receipt from any store. You even get 25 points if you made a grocery purchase and it didn’t contain any of your selected products. Simply download the app, create an account and select the brands you buy. When you get done grocery shopping, take a picture of the receipt within the app and watch your rewards add up. Bonuses on different products occur throughout the month as well. You’ll get $2 just for snapping a picture of your first receipt. I’ve only had the app for a few weeks and I’ve already earned 12,107 points. The points can be redeemed for gift cards at hundreds of locations.
Checkout51- I like this app. You simply scroll through and see what products they are offering money back on for the week. Products are offered at specific stores and with limited quantities, so you need to be careful that you are submitting a receipt for a product purchased at the correct store and the correct amount. When you get home from shopping, you take a picture of your receipt and scan in the products you purchased that match the ones on the app.
Sign up now and earn money back at Publix, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, BJs, Sam’s Club, and many more!products every Thursday morning at 12 AM. This app is good. I have been using it for about 6 months and I have earned $47 back. They will mail you a check when you have reached $20 or more.
This is my very most favorite shopping app. I have earned $390 back since I really started using this religiously. I like to try to get the bonuses . You can even work with your team and save even more. I am not going to get into all of that right now though. You will see it when you get the app.
This app is easier than Checkout51 , but not quite as simple as Fetch Rewards, and allows you to shop at more stores, and you can even save money while shopping online at stores like Amazon and Groupon. They even have rebates for purchasing anything or any brand. It’s nice because you get money back regardless of what you bought at the store. You simply scroll though and find the rebates for the week. Then select the rebates you might use. When you get home from shopping you take a picture of your receipt and scan in the products that you purchased that match the ones on the app. If you find a rebate at one store it will automatically show up for all of the stores it is available at for the week. So let’s say I selected a rebate for $1.00 off apples at Publix, but I ended up buying them at BJs. No big deal! I still get the money back after I submit my receipt. Rebates change out every Thursday 12AM, but I keep my receipts from the previous week just in case something I bought shows up on the list. You can’t do that with Checkout51. Sometimes I don’t realize I am going to buy something or I didn’t realize it was on sale and I don’t select the rebate until I get home from the store. This is no big deal. You still get your money back. When you reach $20 you can get a check mailed to you or just have the money deposited into your account via Paypal. I just had another $37 deposited last week. It adds up really fast!
Shop Kick: This app gives you points just for walking into the store and pays you with gift cards. You also get points for just scanning items while you are shopping. This is the app that feels like you’re playing a game. I like to earn as many points as I can by scanning all of the items available while I am doing my regular shopping. Sometimes you have to answer a couple of questions about the products you have scanned, but it goes really quick. They will also give you additional points if you have purchased the items you scanned and you submit your receipt. I have earned $90 back in Target gift cards using this app. Who doesn’t like a free Target gift card just for walking into a couple of stores? There are many other gift cards available, I just like Target.
Ebates: This is an app and a website. If you like to shop online for clothes, electronics, pet supplies, etc. this is the app/site for you. Simply make an account and go to the Ebates site to get to your online shopping destination. I just earned 8% back on everything I ordered for my kitties. I have a $58 coming back to me this month. This site/app pays you quarterly. They will mail you a check automatically with what you’ve earned back in a quarter.
When you’re ready to hit the stores turn on your Shop Kick app and have your coupons ready to save big. Then shop for the things you need while scanning for points. When you get home, take a picture of the receipts for the Fetch Rewards and Checkout51 app and scan in the products as you put them away. Do the same thing with the Ibotta app. A few minutes later magical notifications will pop up saying that you have earned money back. It’s a great feeling! It’s even better when you get stuff for nearly free because you had a coupon, it was BOGO, and it was on Ibotta or Checkout51. I just love it!!!
All of the apps can use the very same receipt and they work with the coupons you have printed. That is how I save money! You do not need a special receipt or to do anything extra except a little planning and scanning. It really is easy! Please don’t be overwhelmed! This sounds like a lot, but by spending a little while to plan before you shop and 5 minutes after you shop you can earn money back on tons of products you use everyday! After you get a routine down it takes minutes to save big. I have put the links into the pictures in this post to get to the sites to sign up. If you have any questions, I will help you anyway I can. I strongly urge you to get the apps and start earning money back on the things you already buy!
The Teacher's Table
This gorgeous leaf picture was taken in the UP of Michigan by my friend Bobbie Blackburn.
The Teacher's Table
So usually I do a weekly post on 5 things that made me happy. This week, was of course insane again, so instead of 5 on Friday, I am doing 6 on Saturday. Next week I will be back to normal, hopefully!
- 2 More School Days Until Thanksgiving Break-Well we made it through another full week. The kids and the teachers are all in need of a break. Monday and Tuesday will be filled with fun Thanksgiving division and a moon phases project with Oreos. I think will also have to watch some Charlie Brown Thanksgiving during lunch too. We will stay busy, but we are ready for 3:20 on Tuesday!
- Pallets-I am so glad that I have several wonderful helpful parents in my class this year. One of them scored our class a bunch of free pallets that we can use to make awesome planters and benches in the school garden. I can’t wait until after the holidays to get started on creating things with the kids.
- Date Night Last Saturday-Mr. Teacher, our friends and I all really enjoyed our dinner out last Saturday at the Rodizio Grill. We stuffed ourselves on their huge sides bar that had everything from basic salad to shrimp chevichi. Then we tried 14 different kinds of meat including chicken hearts, rattlesnake sausage, and frog legs. It was a wonderful night out.
- Christmas Overalls-After dinner we decided that we needed to go to Target. What else would 3 couples of thirty somethings do on a Saturday night after drinking 3 bottles of wine do? Heather had found these absolutelly adorable overalls. We all decided we needed to purchase them to wear at school during the holiday season. They are so cute and comfy!
- New PJs-As embarrassing as it is, usually wear a pair of of holey leggings and an old t-shirt with the arms cut off to bed and around the house. It’s very comfy and if I am cooking and something gets splashed on me, I don’t worry about it. So needless to say, some of the shirts were looking a little ragged. I decided to splurge and order a few new pairs of pajamas from Victoria’s Secret. I love them! They are adorable and comfortable too. I will have to be careful when I cook in them but oh well. At least I don’t look completely homeless. You can see them pattern here along with Baby Tootsie who decided to snuggle with mommy.
- Onion Wraps-I am happy that it is almost Thanksgiving and I just got home from crazy, packed Publix with all things I need so I can start prepping for our family’s dinner. One of the things I will start making is Onion Wraps. They are a family tradition. We don’t do holidays without them. They are only 3 ingredients and super easy to prep ahead of time. If you make them with low-fat cream cheese they are too horrible for you either. We all love the crunchy spicy onions, with the creamy cream cheese, and the salty dried beef. My mouth is watering already. I just might have to make a few to tide me over until Thursday. You can find the recipe here too. Onion Wraps.
Remember it’s the little things that count! Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to share your top 5 below. Also don’t forget to sign up for weekly emails!
Happy Saturday and Happy Thanksgiving!
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!