|jumbo lump crab meat||8 oz.|
|thinly sliced green onions||5-6 about 1/4 cup|
|small diced red bell pepper||1/4 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||1 tbsp|
|panko bread crumbs||1/4 cup|
|non-fat Greek yogurt-I love Fage.||1/4 cup|
|fresh lemon juice||about a tablespoon|
|hot sauce-I like Garlic or Chipolte Tabasco with this.||a few shakes depending on how spicy you like it|
|salt to taste|
Crab cakes are easy! They come together without mayo and have very little bread crumbs. They are full of sweet crab meat with a pop of color from green onions and red bell pepper.
- Dump your crab meat in a bowl. Pick through it to ensure there are no shells.
- Add the egg, Dijon, red bell pepper, green onion, and panko to the bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients and shape into patties. I made 8 mini patties for an appetizer.
- Heat a skillet up with the butter. When the butter is melted lay your crab cakes into the skillet. Allow them to cook over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes. You want the outside browned.
- Flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the yogurt with lemon and hot sauce of your choosing. Add salt to taste.
- Serve next to the crab cakes with extra lemon wedges. These are also great on top of almost any garden or Ceaser salad. Or make them larger and serve them on a toasted bun with lettuce and tomato.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!