|stew beef||4-5 lbs|
|red salsa||16 oz.|
|chipoltes in adobo sauce||1-11 oz. can|
|beef bouillon cube||1 cube|
Crockpot Mexican Style Shredded Beef is super simple and super scrumptious. It only takes a few minutes to throw everything together. The beef turns out perfectly tender and packed with flavor every time. This is a great way to serve shredded beef to a crowd of people. It’s great in tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, enchiladas, nachos-you name it!
- Place all your ingredients into a crockpot. I like stew beef because it’s already cut into smaller pieces, but any will work. I put the meat in first and then dump the sauces on top. I just drop the bouillon cube off to the side. I don’t even stir it. I do add a little bit of water to the salsa jar and chipolte can. I swirl it around and then add that too the meat. I don’t like to waste anything flavorful.
- Put the lid on your meat and wait. Cook 4 hours on high or up to 10 hours on low. Don’t worry it will be fine.
- Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and place it in a bowl or on a plate. Ladle the sauce into a sauce pan. Then put the pan over high heat and boil the heck out of it for about 20 minutes. You want to reduce the liquid by about half. It will intensify the flavors and be uber delicious.
- While the sauce is thickening, shred the beef. It will fall apart pretty easily. I just use my hands, but you can use forks or I have even seen people put a mixer into a bowl on low to shred the meat quickly.
- When the sauce is reduced and the meat is shredded, recombine the two. At this point you can serve it with your favorite topping like avocado, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapenos. Or freeze it, or store it in the fridge until you need dinner.
I just know you’re going to love it!
Tips: If you like things spicier go ahead and add another can of chipoltes or a can of jalapenos. If you’re cooking for a huge crowd, don’t worry, I used the same amount of chipoltes, salsa, and beef bouillon cube to cook up to 20lbs of meat and it tasted great! I would recommend it you’re cooking that much though to divide everything between 2 crockpots.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!