- 13.5 oz can 1 can of lite coconut milk or coconut milk of your choice
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cups chia seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- a few tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla-I use Penzeys.
- unsweetened coconut, chopped almonds, berries (optional)
The Teacher's Table
I am obsessed chia pudding and this Berry Coconut version is absolutely delicious! This chia pudding can be made in advance, stores easily in the refrigerator, and makes a wonderful breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- Remove your berries from the freezer to thaw or pop them in the microwave for about a minute.
- Mix your choice of coconut milk with half of the 3/4 cup of chia seeds, the vanilla, and your choice of sweetener. I used lite canned coconut milk because after trying it with other liquids I learned that the canned coconut milk adds a delicious, creamy, richness. I also added a few tablespoons of sugar. Stir.
- Mash your berries with a fork and add the remaining half of the chia seeds and the orange juice. Stir. I used BJ’s Organic Mixed Berries in my pudding, but any frozen berry mixture or strawberries will work fine.
- Let the bowls sit for about 10 minutes while you get out your serving containers and chop your almonds. I used Blue Diamond Coconut Toasted Almonds on top of my puddings, but any almonds would do. I just cut them into smaller pieces. You can make these look super pretty by layering them in a clear glass dish, but I decided that I wanted to layer my pudding in Rubbermaid containers to make it easy to transport to work.
- After about 10 minutes, give the mixtures another stir. Layer the berry mixture with the coconut milk mixture. Top with chopped almonds, unsweetened coconut, and/or more berries. You can eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How did this recipe come to be? Read about my new obsession here!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!