November 3, 2017
Five on Friday Week 13
This gorgeous leaf picture was taken in the UP of Michigan by my friend Bobbie Blackburn.
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to Five on Friday Week 13!
- The weekend is here-Well this week was a little crazy at work and I am super glad that today is Friday. My fellow teachers and I have been dealing with pre-Halloween excitement, Halloween candy overload, then sugar crashes, all on top of the book fair being in the media center selling dozens of little trinkets and invisible ink pens. I also did an owl pellet dissection in small groups with my class. They LOVED it!!!! I was super grateful to have a few wonderful parent volunteers. It’s been fun every everyone this week, but I’m exhausted! I can’t wait to sleep in past 6 on Saturday!
- Free pickle buckets-So it was brought to my attention that my school garden would be torn up over our holiday break. I have several plants that were killed in the hurricane, but even more plants that I have planted in tire flower beds that were thriving. In order to save the plants and to be able to continue to keep the garden growing, I was tasked with finding planters without spending any money. I happened to be driving through a parking lot this week that has a McAllisters when I saw a man pushing a cart filled with buckets. I was instantly inspired. I quickly drove over to the man, who turned out to be the manager of McAllisters. We struck up a conversation and he offered to save all of the pickle buckets for me. The buckets are white and will make excellent planters. Best of all they are FREE!
- Stranger Things and relaxing-I am super excited to binge watch season 2 of Stranger Things on Netflix with Mr. Teacher this weekend and relax. Last weekend was busier than we had anticipated. We had a great time at the Halloween party. Mr. Teacher doesn’t want his identity revealed, but here we are, all dressed up. We were Bob Ross and a happy tree with our pal Chippy.
- Grilled Cheese-Today is actually National Sandwich Day. We celebrated early this week with this super yummy Brie, Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Granny Smith apple, and Dave’s Killer Raisin the Roof Bread. It was awesome! I will post the official recipe this weekend, I just honestly don’t have the energy to do it right now. I know you will love this comforting grilled cheese.
- Anniversay-November 1 marks the 3rd anniversary of Mr. Teacher and I becoming an item. It’s been a wonderful 3 years and we are looking forward to many more happy years together. I would like to again thank our wonderful co-workers for hooking us up. You did a great job!
Remember it’s the little things that count! Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to share your top 5 below. Also don’t forget to sign up for weekly emails!
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!
Happy anniversary month to you both!
Thanks for the reminder to be grateful and happy for the little things 🙂