This gorgeous leaf picture was taken in the UP of Michigan by my friend Bobbie Blackburn.
The Teacher's Table
So usually I do a weekly post on 5 things that made me happy. This week, was of course insane, so instead of 5 on Friday, I am doing 6 on Saturday.
Next week I will be back to normal, hopefully!
- 7 School Days Until Thanksgiving Break-Well this week was a little crazy at work and I am super glad that today is Saturday. My fellow teachers and I are exhausted. We love our jobs, but we haven’t had a day off in weeks. We have done report cards, and interims, and clubs, and after school, and school programs, and pictures, and book fairs. The list in never ending! My friend Jenny pointed out that we have only 7 more days of teaching before we get a small break for Thanksgiving. I am ecstatic! I can’t wait for a few days of relaxation and Thanksgiving is one of my very most favorite days of the year.
- Stranger Things-Well Mr. Teacher and I completed season 2 of Stranger Things on Netflix. We did limit ourselves to only 2 episodes a night, which was very hard to do If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend doing a refresher of season one first. I really wish we would have done that, but we were so excited to finally watch season 2. It was awesome! Now we have the long wait until season
- Groupon Deals -We love Groupon and get discounts on all kinds of entertainment, restaurants, and items all of the time. A few weeks ago we bought a Groupon for a new Brazilian Place called Rodizio Grill at Coconut Point. I just got another deal for Tijuana Flats this morning which I know will come in handy on busy nights. I hate paying full price when you save money! Check out Groupon if you haven’t already done so!
- Date Night-We shared the Groupon information about the Rodizio Grill with a few of our friends and tonight we all get to dress up and have nice dinner. I am very excited to try every type of meat and yummy looking item on their side bar. Plus each couple gets a bottle of wine with the Groupon, it was a very good deal and we get to enjoy some much needed friend/couple time.
- Publix Deals-I love to go grocery shopping most days. It is relaxing to walk down the aisles inspecting the fruits and vegetables, and talking with other costumers and employees. I enjoy trying the food samples and getting recipe ideas as well. My favorite thing about Publix though is the weekly BOGO sales. I always check them out on Thursday via the app. I get even more excited when items I need are BOGO and have money back on IBOTTA or Checkout 51. This week Publix had some awesome deals to help you get ready for the holidays. I stocked up on BOGO peanuts, grape jelly, Ferrero Rocher, bacon, and pork chops. BOGOs are great!
- BOGO Pork means Smothered Pork Chops-I love this simple and yummy pork chop dinner. After a crazy week and getting pork chops on sale, I decided that these pork chops would make the perfect Friday night meal. You can check out the recipe by following the link. I know you will love them as much as we do.
Remember it’s the little things that count! Have a wonderful weekend and don’t forget to share your top 5 below. Also don’t forget to sign up for weekly emails!
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the third post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I post a list the top five things that made me happy during the week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I share it with you here every Friday.
1 and 2 this week are combined. -I am so happy that this year I have an amazingly sweet class. I got to spend yesterday getting to know them. I am super excited to help them learn and grow this year. I am also very grateful that school started on a Thursday this week, so I can spend two days focusing on setting up the room, getting to know everyone, and teaching procedures before we actually start new lessons next week.
3-This week I ran to Publix for a few little things. I knew it was going to rain, but I thought I could be in and out quickly, however I was wrong. Just as I was checking out the clouds burst with rain. I was very grateful for the gentleman who works there. He watched my groceries, gave me an umbrella so I didn’t get soaked getting to my car, and loaded the groceries into my car for me. I know I have said it before, but this kind of customer service is wonderful and I love Publix!
Also, if you someone does go above and beyond to help you at Publix, please call and let the managers know. The reward the helpful person with food! Everyone loves to be appreciated and it only take a minute to call.
4-I am happy that I get both Saturday and Sunday off this week. Last week we had open house on Saturday and I am very tired!!! I can’t wait to sleep this weekend and go for a long run before breakfast.
5-School is back in session and I am so happy that I made some easy Curry Chicken Salad for lunch. It can be made in advance, it’s low-fat, is made with yogurt for extra protein and probiotics, it has a bit of sweetness from the grapes and a crunch from the almonds, and tastes amazing on crackers or a bed of lettuce. You can click on the link and it will take you right to the recipe so you can try it next week for yourself.
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter too. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀
The Teacher's Table
I love to eat good quality, fresh food, and to go shopping, but I also like to save money. So, I have become addicted to some sites and apps that help me earn money back on everything I purchase. I have made shopping for everyday things almost like a game where I try to get things as inexpensively as possible and I would like to share with you how I do it every week.
Every Sunday I get a big cup of coffee, my phone and my laptop. I go and sit on the lanai (porch if you’re not from Florida). I relax, listen to the birds, and begin my money saving journey. I re-exam the Publix site though my app to see what is on sale and BOGO for the week. I say re-examine because I love to see what is on sale when the sales change every Thursday. I specifically look for things that might have coupons to save even more money. If you don’t have Publix then see if your local store has an app that will show you the weekly sales. I also clip my digital coupons through the Publix app. That way when I go to check out at the store I simply just enter my phone number and the coupons come off the total.
On Sundays, I also coupon hunt at Coupons.com. You can get a free log-in and sign up for updates every week for the latest coupons. You simply scroll through the site, digitally clip the coupons you want, and simply print them. I print any coupon that I might possibly need in the next few weeks. I keep them in my purse ready to go. I do not know how much money I have saved by couponing, but the cashiers ask me all the time what I do to save money.
After I am done checking out the sales and printing coupons. I look at the following apps and plan out what else I will be purchasing.
Checkout51- I like this app. You simply scroll through and see what products they are offering money back on for the week. Products are offered at specific stores and with limited quantities, so you need to be careful that you are submitting a receipt for a product purchased at the correct store and the correct amount. When you get home from shopping, you take a picture of your receipt and scan in the products you purchased that match the ones on the app.
Sign up now and earn money back at Publix, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, BJs, Sam’s Club, and many more!products every Thursday morning at 12 AM. This app is good. I have been using it for about 6 months and I have earned $47 back. They will mail you a check when you have reached $20 or more.
This is my very most favorite shopping app. I have earned $244 back since I really started using this religiously. I like to try to get the bonuses . You can even work with your team and save even more. I am not going to get into all of that right now though. You will see it when you get the app.
This app is easier than Checkout51 , allows you to shop at more stores, and you can even save money while shopping online at stores like Amazon and Groupon. They even have rebates for purchasing anything or any brand. It’s nice because you get money back regardless of what you bought at the store. You simply scroll though and find the rebates for the week. Then select the rebates you might use. When you get home from shopping you take a picture of your receipt and scan in the products that you purchased that match the ones on the app. If you find a rebate at one store it will automatically show up for all of the stores it is available at for the week. So let’s say I selected a rebate for $1.00 off apples at Publix, but I ended up buying them at BJs. No big deal! I still get the money back after I submit my receipt. Rebates change out every Thursday 12AM, but I keep my receipts from the previous week just in case something I bought shows up on the list. You can’t do that with Checkout51. Sometimes I don’t realize I am going to buy something or I didn’t realize it was on sale and I don’t select the rebate until I get home from the store. This is no big deal. You still get your money back. When you reach $20 you can get a check mailed to you or just have the money deposited into your account via Paypal. I just had another $37 deposited last week. It adds up really fast!
Shop Kick: This app gives you points just for walking into the store and pays you with gift cards. You also get points for just scanning items while you are shopping. This is the app that feels like you’re playing a game. I like to earn as many points as I can by scanning all of the items available while I am doing my regular shopping. Sometimes you have to answer a couple of questions about the products you have scanned, but it goes really quick. They will also give you additional points if you have purchased the items you scanned and you submit your receipt. I have earned $90 back in Target gift cards using this app. Who doesn’t like a free Target gift card just for walking into a couple of stores? There are many other gift cards available, I just like Target.
Ebates: This is an app and a website. If you like to shop online for clothes, electronics, pet supplies, etc. this is the app/site for you. Simply make an account and go to the Ebates site to get to your online shopping destination. I just earned 8% back on everything I ordered for my kitties. I have a $58 coming back to me this month. This site/app pays you quarterly. They will mail you a check or deposit money in your PayPal.
When you’re ready to hit the stores turn on your Shop Kick app and have your coupons ready to save big. Then shop for the things you need while scanning for points. When you get home, take a picture of the receipts for the Checkout51 app and scan in the products as you put them away. Do the same thing with the Ibotta app. A few minutes later magical notifications will pop up saying that you have earned money back. It’s a great feeling! It’s even better when you get stuff for nearly free because you had a coupon, it was BOGO, and it was on Ibotta or Checkout51. I just love it!!!
All of the apps can use the very same receipt and they work with the coupons you have printed. That is how I save money! You do not need a special receipt or to do anything extra except a little planning and scanning. It really is easy! Please don’t be overwhelmed! This sounds like a lot, but by spending a little while to plan before you shop and 5 minutes after you shop you can earn money back on tons of products you use everyday! After you get a routine down it takes minutes to save big. I have put the links into the pictures in this post to get to the sites to sign up. If you have any questions, I will help you anyway I can. I strongly urge you to get the apps and start earning money back on the things you already buy!
The Teacher's Table
The Teacher's Table
Welcome to the first post of Five on Friday. Every Friday I will list the top five things that made me happy this week. It could be anything from a new kitchen tool, new product, new food, recipe success, or maybe just a life event. No matter what it is, I will share it with you here every Friday.
I would love to hear your top five too. Please leave me a comment with your top 5 below. Let’s spread a little joy and be happy for the little things in life. Happy Friday! 😀
1. Hope Hummus– If you haven’t tried it you need to. It’s delicious and nutritious. I ate two containers of it this week. I tried the Jalapeno Cilantro and Spicy Avocado. Yummy! They have several other flavors, I gravitate towards spicy, but they have non-spicy too! Plus it’s organic, non-GMO, sold in recycled containers and the company is all about promoting good things. You can check them out by clicking the link below and then go buy a bunch of hummus. Check out Hope Hummus. They are also doing a give away right now to win free hummus for a year. If you win you have to share!
2. Primizie Tortilla Chips-These yummy crisp crispbreads are what I dipped in all that hummus. I ate two bags of these crispbreads. I can highly recommend the Chile and Lime and the Ancient Grains, although they have other flavors I can’t wait to check out. These crispbreads are organic and non-GMO. I particularly liked the nuttiness of the Ancient Grains crispbreads. They are filled quinoa and amaranth seeds. They are super good! You can check them out by clicking the link below. You will need something to eat with your hummus. Discover Primizie. Oh and if you try them this week Ibotta is giving you a $1.00 back on every bag. So sign up and head to the grocery store!
3. Publix– I just can’t get enough. I don’t really like to clothes shop and I will do just about anything to not have to go inside when the weather is sunny, but Publix makes me happy. I like going in the store, tying samples, and talking with the friendly employees. I look forward to my weekly email every Thursday morning of the newest bogos . I like to look at my app while drinking my coffee and plan out what I can make with the items on sale. Plus you can clip coupons right from the app. If you don’t have the app get it!
4. Email Updates Completed-I finally figured out how to set up my email updates to all of you wonderful readers. This was a lot of work and it was pretty confusing, so I am pretty proud of myself for finally getting it right. Shout out to Mr. Teacher’s wonderful sister for the help! If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, you can below when you comment with your 5 things. I really look forward to sharing with you!!!
5. Mr. Teacher Comes Home Tomorrow-Finally, even though today marks the very last Friday of glorious summer vacation, I am so glad that it’s here because Mr. Teacher will finally be home from his travels tomorrow night. He has been gone for over 2 weeks. It’s no fun to cook just for yourself and he is my companion, recipe critic and sometimes photographer. Needless to say, I have missed him these last few weeks.
So that’s my top 5. Share yours below and have a wonderful weekend!