|Bruce's Canned Yams
|spice cake mix
|mini chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
|between 1 tablespoon and 1/4 cup for your desired sweetness
Yummy Yammy Cake with Cream Cheese Icing is super easy and delicious. The spicy cinnamon is a the perfect compliment to the sweet yams and chocolate chips. The cake itself only contains 4 ingredients. Simply mix, pour, and bake. The cream cheese icing is optional, but I like think it makes this cake even better. This recipe can also be turned into muffins or a bundt cake. Simply follow the baking time directions on the box.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Open and drain your Bruce’s Sweet Potatoes.
- Dump them into a bowl and turn on your mixer to mash up the potatoes for a minute.
- Add in your spice cake mix, and eggs.
- Beat until nice and fluffy. About 3 minutes more.
- Stir in your chocolate chips. I used the mini ones, but any will do.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13″ x 9″ pan and place in the oven.
- All the cake to cook for approximately 30 minutes. When it’s golden brown and springs back when you gently touch the top, you know it’s ready.
- All the cake to cool completely before drizzling with icing.
- Refrigerate after frosting.
- Place softened cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Start off with just a tablespoon of powdered sugar. I didn’t think it needed that much for this sweet cake, but your tastes may vary.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!