|Bruce's Canned Yams||1-15oz. Can|
|spice cake mix||1 box|
|mini chocolate chips||1 cup|
Cream Cheese Icing
|cream cheese||1/4 cup|
|powdered sugar||between 1 tablespoon and 1/4 cup for your desired sweetness|
Yummy Yammy Cake with Cream Cheese Icing is super easy and delicious. The spicy cinnamon is a the perfect compliment to the sweet yams and chocolate chips. The cake itself only contains 4 ingredients. Simply mix, pour, and bake. The cream cheese icing is optional, but I like think it makes this cake even better. This recipe can also be turned into muffins or a bundt cake. Simply follow the baking time directions on the box.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Open and drain your Bruce’s Sweet Potatoes.
- Dump them into a bowl and turn on your mixer to mash up the potatoes for a minute.
- Add in your spice cake mix, and eggs.
- Beat until nice and fluffy. About 3 minutes more.
- Stir in your chocolate chips. I used the mini ones, but any will do.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13″ x 9″ pan and place in the oven.
- All the cake to cook for approximately 30 minutes. When it’s golden brown and springs back when you gently touch the top, you know it’s ready.
- All the cake to cool completely before drizzling with icing.
- Refrigerate after frosting.
- Place softened cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Start off with just a tablespoon of powdered sugar. I didn’t think it needed that much for this sweet cake, but your tastes may vary.
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!