|thinly sliced pork chops||1 lb|
|BBQ sauce-I used Sweet Baby Rays Original||1/2 cup|
|teriyaki sauce||1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon for the salsa|
|King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns||4|
|diced mango-fresh or frozen then thawed||1/4 cup|
|pineapple-canned, fresh, frozen then thawed cut into bite-sized pieces||1/4 cup|
|small diced onion-red or white||2 tablespoons|
|small diced red bell pepper||2-3 tablespoons|
|small diced jalapeno||as much as desired|
|lettuce or spinach leaves||about a cup|
Tropical Teriyaki BBQ Pork with Mango Pineapple Salsa is finger licking good. These sandwiches are sweet, tangy, spicy, and fresh. Oh, and did I mention simple?
- Mix the BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce together. I would use a sweet, not smoky BBQ sauce.
- Cover your pork with the sauce. You could let this marinade for up to a day.
- Make the salsa by combining the mango, pineapple, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, with the tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. If you don’t like spicy just leave out the jalapeno. I used canned pineapple and some frozen mango the night I made this.
- Prep your grill or skillet. Toast the buns and reserve.
- Cook the pork for about 3 minutes per side. They chops should be very thin, so they will cook quickly.
- Place the spinach or lettuce on your buns. Add the pork and top with with salsa.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!