|cornbread||About 2 cups cubed|
|corn- fresh or frozen||1 cup|
|queso fesca or feta cheese||1/2 cup|
|red onion small diced||2 tablespoons|
|lime juice||1/2 a lime|
|chili powder-used twice||2 tablespoons|
I love cornbread, but sometimes I make too much. This Southwest Cornbread Panzanella Salad is a great way to use up leftover cornbread and is a tasty side dish to any meal. It is as beautiful as it is flavorful.
- Cube up your leftover cornbread. Any cornbread will work! I’ve used leftovers with everything from cheese to jalapenos. It just adds more yummy flavors.
- Spread your cornbread onto a baking stone or baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and toss with 1 tablespoon of chili powder. I love Penzeys Chili Powder!
- Toast in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- While the cornbread is toasting, prep the remainder of your ingredients.
- In your serving bowl, combine the remainder of the chili powder,honey, and lime juice.
- Toss this tasty dressing with your corn, onions, tomatoes, and cheese. Save the avocado for last so it doesn’t get smooshed. I used one ear of fresh corn here, but frozen corn will work fine too. I promise it will thaw before you eat it! Also if you don’t have Queso Fresco Cheese, just use feta.
- When the cornbread is lightly toasted, remove it from the oven.
- Toss it with your veggies and dressing. Add in the avocado now too.
- Serve immediately! I have eaten this leftover for lunch the next day and it isn’t bad at all.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!