|Roma or Plum tomatoes||6|
|ricotta cheese-I use low-fat.||1 cup|
|shredded Parmesan Cheese||1/2 cup|
|cracked black pepper|
Ricotta and Pesto Stuffed Roma Tomatoes are fresh, cheesy, delicious, and easy.
The Teacher's Table
- Slice your tomatoes in half and discard the seedy pulp.
- Mix everything else together in a bowl. You can use store bought pesto, but I like to use my homemade Spinach Kale Basil Pesto or Chive Arugula Pesto.
- Set your oven to 425 degrees.
- Fill the tomatoes with the cheese mixture. The mixture will puff up so if your tomatoes are small and you have extra filling fill a few more tomatoes. This would also be good in mushrooms or zucchini.
- Put the filled tomatoes on a baking stone or greased cookie sheet. Words can’t describe the love I have for my baking stone.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove when they filling has puffed and turned slightly golden brown.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!