|shredded chicken or turkey
|1-1 1/2 cups
|salsa verde-I like Hernandez.
|low-fat cream cheese
|shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend-I like Sargento.
|7 oz. pkg.
|diced green chilies
|1-4 oz. can
|diced chilies or jalapeno for garnish and chips
This simple Green Chili Chicken Cheese Dip is super yummy! It comes together in less than 10 minutes, uses only one dish, and is easy to transport. It’s perfect for the Super Bowl or any other get-together.
- Shred your chicken or turkey. I used some leftover turkey I had frozen from Thanksgiving. Shredded rotisserie chicken, leftover grilled or roasted chicken/turkey, or even canned chicken (I won’t tell.) will work.
- Place shredded meat into your baking dish. I used my round covered Pampered Chef Baking dish, but a Pyrex dish would also work fine.
- Add you salsa verda, cream cheese, canned chilies, and all but about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to the dish. I used low-fat cream cheese and low-fat Sargento shredded Mexican Cheese Blend to save a few grams of fat and calories. Hernandez Salsa Verde is really delicious and not spicy, but ultra flavorful. I use this when I don’t have time to make my own Salsa Verde.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Place dish into a 425 degree oven. Cook for about 20 minutes. Stir.
- Cook about 10 more minutes. Stir and top with remaining cheese.
- Cook 5 minutes to let the cheese on top melt.
- Top with sliced chilies if you desire and serve with chips.
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!