|stew beef or beef roast||2 lbs-3lbs|
|sliced onion||1 medium|
|beef broth||1 cup|
|tomato sauce||1-15 oz. can|
|canned diced green chillies||1-4.5 oz. can|
|chipoltes in adobo sauce||4-5 chipoltes and 1-2 tbsp of adobo sauce|
|cumin-I use Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|coriander-I use Penzeys.||1 tsp|
|oregano- I use Penzeys.||1 tsp.|
This Crock-pot Barbacoa Beef is fabulous! It tastes just like it came from an authentic Mexican restaurant. It can easily be thrown together in the crock-pot. I use it to make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and burrito bowls. You’re going to love it!
Crock-pot Barbacoa Beef
- Put everything into your crock-pot and stir to make sure all of the meat is covered. I like stew beef because it seems less fatty than a roast and it’s been on sale. Plus it’s easier to shred up.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. If you make this before you go to work when you come home your house will smell like wonderful beefy spices. You will be ready to eat it!
- Carefully scoop out your meat and put your juices into a pot.
- Boil down the juices over high heat for 10-15 minutes while you shred up the beef You want to concentrate the flavors and thicken it up so you can mix it back into the meat.
- Shred your meat into pieces. When the juices have thicken, stir them into the meat. At this point it’s dinner time! This makes enough for 3 different meals that feed 4 people. I stretch it out. I like to make Beef Barbacoa Tacos with this meat, but I also use it in Beef Enchiladas, and Baked Beef Taquitos. The meat can also be portioned out and frozen for latter use.
The Teacher's Table
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!