|softened butter||3/4 of a stick|
|brown sugar||1 cup|
|flour (I like King Arthur.)||1 1/2 cups|
|baking powder||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|cinnamon (I like Penzeys.)||2 teaspoons|
|turbinado sugar||2-3 tablespoons|
|chopped toasted walnuts (optional)||1/2 cup|
These Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins are a family favorite. They are lightly sweet, filled with blueberries with a hint of cinnamon, and have a yummy crunchy sugary top. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snacking.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream your butter, brown sugar, and egg until fluffy with your mixer.
- Add in the milk, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add in your flour. Mix only until just combined.
- Stir in your berries and nuts if you’re using them. Fresh or frozen both work great!
- I like to use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop to make perfect same sized muffins, but you don’t have too. Scoop the muffin batter into a lined muffin tin or silicone muffin cups.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each muffin. Just a light sprinkle will do.
- Place the muffin tin into the hot oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. The tops will be a bit golden and will spring back when gently pressed with your finger.
- When done, remove from the oven and serve warm. I like mine with butter for a treat.
*Freeze some of the muffins for a quick breakfast on the go! Allow the muffins to freeze while sitting on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Then pop them into a freezer bag or container. When you need a quick breakfast, remove from the freezer and microwave for about 1 minute.
*Use fresh or frozen berries in these delicious muffins.
*Want to add a little crunch? Add some chopped nuts. I recommend walnuts. A half cup works great!
*Any milk works just fine in this. I frequently use coconut or almond milk.
*This recipe is great for mini muffins too. Just reduce the amount of cooking time. It will make about 48 mini muffins.
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!