|heavy cream||2 cups|
|chocolate||about 2 cups|
This 2 ingredient, versatile, and easy chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert. It always impresses. People think it is really complicated to make, but it comes together in less than 15 minutes. You can use any chocolate, milk, white, or our favorite dark. I make this for Mr. Teacher on special occasions. I have even used broken chocolate bunnies and Santas from the holidays. They method never changes. You can eat it on it’s own. Add some fresh berries. Drizzle it with some berry or coffee liqueur. Use it to frost a cake. Eat it with brownies. The list is ENDLESS!
- Put your chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1/2 a cup of the heavy cream. Make sure to keep the remainder of the whipping cream cold.
- Microwave the cream and chocolate for 1 minute. Then stir. The chocolate melts more when you stir it. If it is still too solid. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments until you have a thick chocolate sauce. FYI: If you have a little more or less chocolate it will be okay. No one will know.
- With a mixer begin to whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cream until soft peaks begin to form. Then use a spatula to scrap the chocolate mixture into the cream. Beat on high for 2 or 3 minutes until everything is combined and stiff peaks can be formed.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!