|Sliced potatoes||4 medium to large|
|shredded chicken||1 cup|
|BBQ sauce||1/2 cup to 1 cup|
|shredded cheddar or pepperjack cheese||1/2 cup to 1 cup|
|chili powder||1 tablespoon|
|Optional- jalapenos, cilantro, onions|
These BBQ Chicken Potato Nachos are an easy one pan meal that can easily use up and stretch some leftover chicken. They are full of flavor! They are a great easy dinner, lunch, or appetizers. I’m thinking of making these for the Super Bowl.
- Slice your potatoes about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Place them on your baking stone or baking sheet.
- Spray them with olive oil and toss them with chili powder. I love Penzeys Chili Powder.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 425 until the potatoes are done to your liking. I did flip mine over about 1/2 way through cooking. Because I like mine kind of crispy, I cooked them for the full 40 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, toss your chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce. I literally used a mixture of 3 different sauces that were in my fridge. I needed those bottles outta there! You can wrap the chicken in foil and warm it in the oven for a few minutes next to your potatoes or just heat it up in the microwave.
- Once the potatoes are done, push them all close together. Top with cheese. I used Cabot Low-fat Sharp Cheddar, but just about any cheese will work here. Then place them back in the oven for about 2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Put the potato nachos on a plate. Top with the warmed BBQ chicken and jalapenos, onions, and cilantro if desired.
Tip: If you don’t have shredded chicken, you can used diced up chicken breast too. Leftover Turkey or pork would also work perfectly here!
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!