|sliced dill pickles patted dry||1 cup|
|panko bread crumbs||1 cup|
|melted butter||2 tablespoons|
|garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|cayenne pepper||1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon|
Dilly Dipping Sauce
|Greek yogurt or sour cream||1/2 cup|
|dill pickle juice||1/4 cup|
|ranch seasoning-I use Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing Seasoning||1 tablespoon|
Baked “Fried” Pickles with Dilly Dipping Sauce are an amazing treat! I am not going to lie and say they are healthy. they aren’t, but they are healthier than the fried ones you’d get out and they can easily be made at home for less money. They are so good! There are a few steps in this recipe, but don’t let that stop you from making it. It is easy. Tip: I usually double the recipe and freeze half a batch of the pickles to have for later. The frozen ones turn out just as perfect as the original and you only have to mess up your kitchen once. Worth it!
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pat pickles dry using a towel. Make sure to reserve 1/4 cup of pickle juice!
- On a plate mix your panko with the melted butter, dill, garlic, and cayenne. If you like it spicy use the full 1/2 teaspoon.
- Scramble your egg with 1/4 cup of water on another plate.
- Put your flour into a container with a lid.
- Here is where it gets fun! Add your dry pickles to the flour. Put the lid on and give the container a few good shakes. You want your pickles to be coated in flour.
- Gently remove the pickles from the flour and shake off any excess flour. Then lay the pickles onto the plate with the eggs.
- Coat your pickles with eggs and then working a few at a time, use one had to remove the pickles from the egg mixture and place them into the panko mixture. Use the other hand to press the pickles into the panko. You want them fully coated. When they look good, lay them out onto your baking sheet. Repeat until all of the pickles are coated.
- At this point, if you desire, you can pop your baking sheets loaded with pickles into the freezer. Once they are frozen you can transfer them into a bag for easy storage. If you need pickles now, then pop them into the hot oven. I did flip the pickles of over after about 10 minutes to ensure even coating on all sides.
- While they bake. Mix the Dilly Dipping Sauce. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl. stir to combine.
- After about 20 minutes, remove from the oven and enjoy.
The Teacher's Table
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!