Apple, Cheddar, & Brie Grilled Cheese on Raisin Bread is one of our favorite sandwiches. The fresh apple with the melty cheese is a terrific combo. The raisin bread adds a hint of sweetness and is a surprising twist on a classic grilled cheese.
- If you’re cooking these in the oven, turn on the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your cheese and apples.
- Butter or oil one side of each slice of your bread.
- On the side that isn’t buttered or oiled place a few slices of cheese. Then add your apples, another layer of cheese, and your other slice of bread with the butter or oiled side up.
- Repeat with the other sandwiches.
- Place into a skillet over medium high heat or into the oven.
- Cook about 5 minutes per side. Flip and cook about 5 more minutes. You want the outside toasted and the cheese to be melty.
*If you’re not a fan of raisin bread, any cinnamon swirled bread or nutty bread will do too.
*Not a fan of Granny Smith? Use Honey Crisp or any other apple you have on hand.
*Make it a bit more healthy by using Cabot’s 75% fat-free sharp cheddar. It still gets all melty, but you don’t feel as guilty for eating it.
*To save time and some calories, I just spray my bread with a little olive oil.
*You can make these in the oven! Just heat the oven to 400 degrees while you are prepping your ingredients. Pop the sandwiches in for about 5 minutes per side.
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!