|sliced whole grain bread||8 slices|
|sliced Swiss cheese-I used Sargento.||8 slices|
|brie sliced-You can leave the rind on.||4 oz.|
|softened butter||2-3 tbsp|
Crunchy bright Granny Smith apples, creamy brie, and Swiss cheese, all melted together on nutty whole grain bread is an ultimate comfort food. I love this grilled cheese with a nice salad or bowl of soup for a light lunch or dinner.
- Slice your apples and brie into thin slices.
- Butter the outside of your bread. I think that the nutty taste of whole grain seedy bread is amazing with cheese and apples.
- Flip the bread over and begin to build your sandwich. I like to do cheese, apple, more cheese then bread. That way the apples don’t fall out of the sandwich.
- I cooked these in the oven for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees flipping halfway through. When the cheese is oozing and the bread is toasty, they are ready.
* I use Sprouted Ezekiel Bread or Dave’s Killer Bread for this.
*Don’t like nuts or seeds or whole grains? Just use any old regular bread then.
*Not a fan of Granny Smith? Use any apples you have on hand.
Don’t forget you can follow my nearly daily posts on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!
Click and use my code for special offers! Get $10 for signing up now!Want to earn money back on groceries you buy every week? Check out these sites out now!