- 4-8 pieces leftover fried green tomatoes
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 8 oz. sliced sharp cheddar cheese- I like Cabot.
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4-8 slices cooked bacon
Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese. Sometimes I make extra Fried Green Tomatoes just so I can have this sandwich. I recreated it after having one similar in a dinner in Norfolk, VA many years ago.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Spread the outside of your bread with butter.
- Mix the Dijon mustard and horseradish together. Spread it on the inside of your bread.
- Add several slices of cheddar cheese, then your cooked bacon, and leftover fried green tomatoes (It’s totally fine if they are cold.) Add another layer of cheddar and press the sandwiches together.
- Lay your sandwiches onto a baking stone or baking sheet and place them in the oven.
- Cook for 10-15. You know they are done when the cheese is melty and the bread is toasty.
- Cut in half carefully and serve.
Share & Print
100 0 100 1